Thursday, July 31, 2014

Meet Jaclyn Weist~ one of the authors of The Gates of Atlantis Series



Today, I've got an author interview for you. Let's meet Jaclyn Weist, one of the authors of the Gates of Atlantis series.

Welcome Jaclyn! Can you tell me a little about your writing journey? How you got to this point?

~ I have loved writing since I was a little girl. In high school I would spend my library aide class writing short stories about animals. Four years ago I had a bookstore and took a dive into writing again. I met several different authors that helped me learn more about the writing/publishing process. I came up with a short story about a leprechaun who steals a girl's luck for my writing group and it was a hit. I decided to see what I could do with it, and it's now three books and a novella! I've written a few other books and then my friends and I came up with the idea for this series.

Can you give me an idea what Magicians of the Deep is about?

~ My book is part of The Gates of Atlantis series. It follows Colin and Alleya as they learn more about the damage that Phoibos is causing in Atlantis. Colin is trying to figure out his magic, and Alleya just wants to be free from her prison. She is part-mermaid, part-Atlantian and that's something that's not accepted in Atlantis at that time.

Do you have any particular themes in your writing that you love?

~ I write family a lot. There's always a strong family system for me. Even Colin, who is an orphan, finds a strong family. I always like have my characters solve their own problems. They never give up, no matter what I throw at them. I'm also a strong believer in happy endings.

Is there anything else you’d like readers to know about you or your book?

~ My son was reading the book the other day and he said "Does anyone else see that Colin is just exactly like me?" I thought about it and Colin really does have a lot of Jakob's personality. I hope my readers will relate to the characters and the story as well as my son did.

 
Read more about the whole series on my blog!

1 comment: